How to Get a CFS Intern
If you have an internship that meets our six eligibility requirements, then is complete these two steps.
Step 1: Create and submit an internship description that includes:
- A description of your organization
- An outline of the projects and work for the intern
- Qualifications you require or hope for in a candidate
- Information about the people, the learning opportunity, or other characteristics of the organization that would attract a student’s interest in you
- Location of the internship, average number of hours per week and whether the internship is paid or not. While CFS does not require pay internships that offer wages, travel stipends, or other types of compensation are more attractive to students
- Information about how students should apply to the internship
Internship descriptions should be e-mailed to Associate Director Karen Allen at email@example.com.
Step 2: Review the CFS timeline information
CFS operates on the Northwestern University quarter system and works to place our students in internships every academic quarter including summer. Our placement process is open, fair and competitive for both students and internship organizations.
Karen Allen invites you to contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions specific to your internship and the process or timeline.
If you would like to broaden your pool of applicants beyond CFS participants, you may also wish to post your internship with Northwestern Career AdvancementBack to top